Certain jobs require custom test development, particularly when specific job knowledge is critical or when job requirements have changed or will be changing soon. In these instances we work with our clients to:
- Determine the critical knowledge, skills and abilities required
- Develop test questions that measure the critical knowledge, skills and abilities
- Conduct validation studies to ensure the tests are measuring accurately
Oftentimes, clients have outdated selection procedures that may no longer be appropriate. Perhaps the job has changed due to technology improvements or the test has been compromised as a result of repeated administrations.
We also provide statistically based test validation services for high volume selection systems (e.g., call centers, retail, etc.).
In order to minimize legal exposure and improve the effectiveness of your test(s), All About Performance reviews and updates existing selection and promotion procedures to ensure:
- Test Validity and Reliability
- Compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) guidelines (e.g., adverse impact)
For related articles, search the blog (allaboutperformance.biz/blog) or see below:
“Better Hiring Through The ADA”
“Using Pre-Employment Testing To Improve Profits”
“TSI Scores With Workforce Initiatives”
For more information about our test development, review, and validation services, contact Warren Bobrow at 310 670-4175.